"Families are as diverse as individuals. The activities they do together vary, but one thing is true for all of them: "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time." Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sam's Letter- July 18, 2012

Hey my family!! So this past week has been one of the better ones! So last week on Wednesday we went to 7-11 and got slurpFrees and that was awesome! And then we hung out at our apartment and took naps! Then we went out and tried to look up former investigators to try and get them back! But we didn't have any luck with that. So on Thursday Elder Fairbourn and I were tracting and we saw this news car. And so we were like what... so we went and checked it out. So I guess a drunk guy that past night was driving in his car and crashed into a building going about 80mph. He was killed on impact, but the passenger survived critically injured though. And when we arrived there they were starting to hook up the car to a towing truck so we stayed and watched them pull it out. The front of the car was completely destroyed, I was surprised anyone could survive that. But I got some pictures of the whole scene. Then after that we went to a part member family and taught about the Plan Of Salvation and had some good sandwiches! And to end the night we taught English class. Friday we met with this guy named Joshua and talked with him for s little. I went there with Elder Bartleson back in April, but we dropped him because he wasn't progressing. But we always go back to see if he's ready. He really likes the Book of Mormon so hopefully his day will come soon! Then we just tracted all day. On Saturday we did some more tracting and then we had a meeting with our Ward Mission Leader. And I got your package mother, I thought you sent me a nice Gospel CD only to find out it was blank! Haha, but I will put pictures on it and send it probably a little after August!  Sunday we had our usual Sunday meetings. Then we had a lesson with two of our investigators and it was awesome! We taught about The Restoration and the spirit was very strong! They were asking questions and really participating and things were clicking in there heads, and it was just great! The lady is a clean freak (mom) and she had us take our shoes off, but her house smelt so good and it really invited the spirit. In the Bronx, there isn't much clean apartments, so I really felt like home in there apartment. On Monday we had district meeting and Elder Smith (district leader) gave the lesson on the spirit, and it was really good! Then we went tracting and then had Noche de Hogar with a member! Tuesday an appointment fell with one of our investigators but we were able to talk with her for a little bit. Then we had another appointment and it was really good! His name is Manny and he is a funny nice guy. He gave us some really good salad, and to be honest I ate a ton because we don't get many opportunities to eat salad so I need to eat it when the time comes! And we discussed about the Book of Mormon and Elder Fairbourn read 1 Nephi 3:7 and that really hit him hard. He is a hoodlum and he has many temptations and wants to change his life and to hear that God doesn't give us anything that we can't handle really got his mind thinking. And he said he will start reading the Book of Mormon. So that's always exciting! And today we are probably going to hang out at the apartment again and relax. So something I've needed since the start of my mission that I just haven't asked for is scripture cases for my Spanish scriptures. I asked Elder Merrill (one of our senior couple missionary) and he said is to have your parents buy you one and send it from home. So that would be awesome. I have no idea the exact size, but they are bigger then the small quad I have in English, but they aren't as big as your size of scriptures dad. And the BOM and Bible are separate. I would love and appreciate it! And my Spanish is coming along, not a whole lot of opportunities to speak but I can teach the lessons simply. I still can't understand very well, but people are understanding because they are trying to learn English. And also they think its really cool that we can and are trying to speak their language. So as we are sitting emailing, randomly it starts to thunder and be really windy and rainy! Well I love you all and sounds like everyone is okay! Hope all is well!! Love you all!!
Remember SCRIPTURE CASES! And I haven't received anything from Brother Jarvis but would love to!