"Families are as diverse as individuals. The activities they do together vary, but one thing is true for all of them: "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time." Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Guilty Pleasure!


 So, now that the older two kids are in school we have a new routine for the day.  Part of that rountine is not as much cleaning and not as many trips to the kitchen (both of which I am enjoying).  Well, another thing that has changed in our routine is that Blake has started taking a nap.  He has not napped for months.  But, around 1pm everyday I go to find him because I have not seen him in a while and sure enough he is asleep.  This has now turned into my new guilty pleasure.  Lauren is always awake at this time so we go to kitchen and dish up a big bowl of gelato for her and myself!  Our friends had a Gelato shop and I stocked up ($40 worth) on my two favorites- cookies and cream and watermelon.  Then, we go upstairs and listen to music (thanks to Shannon Birman's blog and the Gift for Gavin blog)!  We eat our gelato and dance to the music.  Lauren is so cute when she hears the music --- she sings and moves her head and whole body at times to the rhythm.  She bounces up and down and laughs.  It cracks her up to watch me dance--- because I am sure that it looks very funny!  This is my favorite part of the day!  I love one on one time with my kids and this time with Lauren is so fun!