Hey everyone
whats up?? Sounds like you all are doing great! Can you believe how fast time
is going! And I can't believe my brothers have failed to have Clear
Creek... well I guess when I go to school and stuff it will happen to
me. And my shoe size is 9. Hopefully that will be good! And about the
PS3 why don't you keep it at mom and dads so everyone can enjoy it! Well
Elder Warner and I are having a great time! He really is awesome, and his
Spanish is really good! I feel as if I just got another companion in the
mission, not one that just came from the MTC. So heres my week:
Wednesday- So today we didn't do anything. We just layed around, played a few
card games. We just enjoyed the day!
Thursday- We had some potentials to look up, nothing came from those. So we did
some tracting! We were able to teach a man named Kenny. He was cool and seemed
interested! We also went to Analees house to eat some food! Really good food,
quesadillas! Then we went and taught English Class.
Friday- So today we went shopping for food because Elder Warner
finally got his support card so we went and bought our groceries. Then we
went and had our Blitz in Elder Ochoa and Smiths area and I went and
splitted with Elde Clark! We did some look ups for them and did some tracting!
We found them a potential that they could possibly teach! Then we did some
tracting and we found Julio! We taught him about the Restoration and he had the
look on his face like, this makes sense! So we set up another appointment with him!
Then our ward had a Thanksgiving party at the church. We ate some really good
food!
Saturday- In the morning we had a lesson with a lady named Flor! She was really
cool. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation, and she had a ton of questions!
The only thing that is bad is she keeps saying, oh thats like my church. But we
are going to teach her about the Restoration next and that will start the
differences. But she was awesome, she thanked so many times, and she said
she was going to call us to help her move! So I hope that happens! But after
that we went and visited Ramon and ate with him, and read in the Book of
Mormon! Then we talked for a little bit, especially his home attendant Sammy!
She is a cool Dominican Lady who has a lot of questions about the Gospel. She
lives in the Concourse area, which is right next to ours, so hopefully the
missionaries will isit her soon! After we did some look ups and had a dinner
appointment with Hermana Luna! We had a TON of food!
Sunday- We had Stake Conference and it was really good! I could understand most
all of it! The first Stake Conference, back in May, I had no idea what they
were saying! But it was nice seeing the members from my last area and being
able to talk with them! After that we had a lunch appointment with Hermana
Rivera, then after that we had a dinner appointment with Kersy and ate food,
and then we went to Analees for dessert! I was about to explode!!! I took TUMS
that night, just to be safe.
Monday- We had Zone Meeting! It was awesome and the spirit was very strong. I
conducted it and we had a great time. The Zone Leaders (Elders Hajje and Hill)
had us play a game called, The Humble Game. What you do is you all sit in a
circle, and one person sits in the middle, and each person goes around and
gives the person in the middle a complient. Its a humbling game in which you
have to humble yourself to give a compliment, but also to receive one. Then
after everyone goes, you put a picture of Christ on the chair, and bear your
testimony with everyone (not to the picture because thats like an idol). It was
an awesome experience, and it really makes you want to give compliments to
everyone! After that we went and got Little Cesaers Pizza, and chowed down!
Then we went and did some look ups, and then Elders Richards and Hulme called
me on Sunday asking if I could interview one of their investigators for
baptism, because Elder Hulme is the District Leader, and the Zone Leaders
couldn't do it, so they got permission from the Zone Leaders and I was able to
do it. This investigator of theirs came to the baptism for Kersy and that was
the turning point for ths lady! She was my first interview in Spanish, the
other candidates I've interviewed prefered English, so it was a neat
experience! I really felt the gift of tongues in that interview, and it was a
very spiritual experience! Also this ladys daughter is getting baptized
this Saturday also, so I interviewed her also, and they both DEFINETLY are
ready!
Tuesday- We had service at the Senior Center, then we did some look ups! We
were able to find out that some members had moved, so it was a success! We also
set up some appointments with referals and had a good time! Then it was Elder
Andersons 21st birthday, so some missionaries came to the church to celebrate!
Also some members came and brought some food and we ate! And Sister Lotuleilei
smashed a little bit of cake in Elder Andersons face, then Elder Anderson
smashed some cake in her face, and then she smashed some more in his face. It
was a mess. But we cleaned it up, and it was a fun night!
Wednesday- Today we are going to play some football at the park!
And for
Thanksgiving we have three food appointments, I'm scared. Well I love you all,
and hope all is well!!