"Families are as diverse as individuals. The activities they do together vary, but one thing is true for all of them: "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time." Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blake Hates Football



It is that time of year again!  Flag Football!  I thought I would be smart and sign up Chase and Blake for flag football... same league, practices and games.  Well, Blake had told me that he did not want to play but I thought that once he got out there he would like it.  The first day arrives.  I get Blake to his team and he begins his practice.  After a little bit Chase and I were walking back to Blake's practice and one of the moms comes up to me and tells me that Blake got hit in the face with the football and he is not wanting to get up.  I go over to him but I dare not say anything yet.  (Blake does not like to be asked what is wrong or fussed over- he will eventually tell me what is wrong but he does it on his terms).  When he finally rolled over to his back I asked him what was wrong... are you hurt, can you get up????  He said...."I hate football!"  I asked him what he hated about it and he said, "I hate running and catching the ball!"  I guess that ends his football career.  He is only 7 but I am pretty sure he will never want to play anything similar to football.  The next day I signed him up for Lego Club (this was his first request before I decided to choose his talent for him).