"Families are as diverse as individuals. The activities they do together vary, but one thing is true for all of them: "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time." Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Friday, May 1, 2009

What a CRAZY day!!! "YESTERDAY"

My day started out like any other day.  Woke up, got the older kids to school, and got Blake ready for preschool.  Melissa picked him up a little before 9am and I finished getting ready and got Lauren ready.  I headed out the door a little before 10am to go Visiting Teaching.  I'm V.T. and having a great time.  I have a great partner and we teach great sisters.  Around 11:20am we are getting ready to leave and go outside (I have to pick up Blake and his friend TJ at preschool at 11:30 and it is 2 minutes away).  Once we get outside we start talking again.  Also, Lauren and my partners little girl are collecting rocks and putting them in a (chimney thing).  We notice that their hands have soot all over them and go inside to wash them off.  It is at that moment I say..... Oh my gosh, what time is it?!?!  It is 11:59am!  WHAT????  I grab Lauren, throw her in her carseat and head to Tammy's Preschool.  No cars are there, no kids, I even go into her preschool calling her name and no one is there!  Then, I head over to Melissa's house.  I knock on the door and no answer!  I fly over to my house and see that Melissa's car is in my driveway.  NOTE.... THE ONE TIME I DID NOT BRING MY CELL PHONE!  
As I pull up I see Melissa and jump out of my car with a mouthful of apologies.  Guess what she does..... she gives me a hug!  I know she will never know how much that gesture meant to me but, wow!  Here she is sitting at home waiting for her little boy to be dropped off and after awhile realizes it is later than usual and calls Tammy to see if the boys are still there.  Of course they are because I am still V.T./chatting/cleaning soot off my daughter.  So, Melissa goes and picks the boys up and brings Blake home and then sees me... her dysfunctional carpool partner and  GIVES ME A HUG.  She proceeds to tell me that Blake ran inside after she rang the doorbell to see if Brian was there.  Brian was home but was sleeping (he went to bed at 7am that day).  Blake ran upstairs and Melissa went in to see if Brian was there. She called Blake's name and could hear him crying.  She went back outside to check on her kids and that is when I pulled up. She tells me Blake is crying and I just assumed that he is crying because he was mad that I did not pick him up or that I was not there when he came home.  I got Lauren out of the car and went in to the house after a few more apologies to my GREAT friend.  I go upstairs and find my sweet little boy sitting on his bed (no longer crying).  I look at him and realize he has blood all over his shirt.  I look at his mouth and then I see this................

Blake has a 2nd mouth!  I could not believe it!  The story that Blake told me was that he was running up the stairs and fell.  We do have hardwood stairs but the edges are not squared off.  Also, on the edge of the stair that he fell on are his teeth marks!!!!!  After he fell he went in and told Brian (who was sleeping) and Brian said ok, mom will be home in a minute just go watch cartoons I'll get up and we'll find out where mom is!  So, Brian had not even noticed the gaping injury on Blake's chin!  All this happened in a matter of less than 5 mins!  Blake running in the house, falling, my friend calling his name, walking outside to get her kids, me pulling up.......
I run and get Brian ( I don't handle situations like this very well) and Brian tells me a little super glue and a bandaid should do the trick!  WHAT!  No way, I will find a plastic surgeon and he will fix up my little boy.  Well, I ended up settling for Urgent Care even though the whole time I was in there I was VERY worried about Swine Flu!  LOL!
Here's Blake happy as can be.  He was sooooo calm, cool and collected!  Definitely not like his mother.
Here he is getting ready for the doctor to put a numbing medicine on his cut.  He was not at all afraid.  I had even told him he would probably need a shot and he was fine with it all.
After he got the numbing medicine, the nurse, (who was fabulous--- East Valley Urgent Care--- I loved it- took him to pick a toy out of their treasure box.  He picked this cute turtle.
Lauren was just excited she was not on the table with the doctor.  Also, I took pictures of her and then would show her the picture to keep her happy!
They laid him on the table and gave him the shot.  I could see his little toes curl around his flip flops and it broke my heart.  The nurse said he was squeezing her hand but, he never screamed out, cried, moved or anything!  He was such a trooper and sooo brave!  I was so proud of my sweet little Blake.  Here he is laying on the table- doctor stitching away.
9 stitches later and he is good as new!!!!  He will have to have the stitches in for 5 days and then he will have a little scar.  It took me 4 kids to finally have to deal with stitches and it happened to kid #3!
After his stitches they gave him and Lauren, Otter Pops and stickers!  As we were getting in the car he says,  "Mom, I thought it was going to be so scary and it wasn't.  This is my best day ever!"  Ok buddy, but really... YOUR BEST DAY EVER?