"Families are as diverse as individuals. The activities they do together vary, but one thing is true for all of them: "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time." Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Mom and Me
Me, Grandma and Mom
I really have the best mom and grandma in the whole world!  They are both excellent mothers and great examples to me.  I love to hang out with them, they are my best friends!  Thanks for everything you have done for me you both are so awesome!

5 things I love about my Mom-
1.  She never yells.  Never.  Growing up I cannot ever remember her raising her voice to us (and there were plenty of times she should have.)
2.  She gives so much service.  She helps out others all the time.  I will never forget the Santa bags one Christmas when I was 16.  She kept them in the back of her car and I was driving my sister (right in front of the temple by Pioneer park) and we saw a homeless man.  I stopped and tried to give him a Santa bag (inside was a Book of Mormon, socks, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, some food....) He would not take it from me, telling me that somebody needed it more than he.  My mom always had some act of service that she was doing and instilled that in her children and I am so grateful for that.
3.  Her home is always open to anyone.  So many people over the years have lived with her.  Married kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews! Her home is never empty and there are always at least 5 cars in front!  
4.  She has such a love for the gospel and taught that to her children.  She always follows the teachings of the church and has such extreme faith!  Her answer to any problem is... have you prayed about it, are you reading your scriptures, are you going to the temple... all the things we should be doing and she does them.  She is a woman of faith in every aspect of her life.
5.  She is the most beautiful woman I know- inside and out!  She exercises every day, she eats half her meal, she never drinks soda or chews gum.  She reads her scriptures, goes to church, fulfills her callings, attends the temple, reads all the church magazines, helps others and loves her Heavenly Father.  She is selfless and kind and PATIENT!  

One day I hope to be half as great as my Mom.
Happy Mother's Day MOM... I love you so much!