"Families are as diverse as individuals. The activities they do together vary, but one thing is true for all of them: "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time." Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

DISNEYLAND!!!

DISNEYLAND- 2008
Chase made his very own Light Saber!
Mickey's House with DAD
The Girls at Minnie's House
Roller Coaster Fun!
This is the closest to the "Tea Cups" ride that mom would go!
Buzz Lightyear ride- One of our favorites.


Dinner at Blue Bayou!  Ah Hoy Matey!
Walking back to the tram.
Riding the tram back to the car.  Hayden's tired face says it all.  Blake was still ready to play!

Thursday, June 26th--- We got up very early and went to Disneyland!  This is the first time we have gone to Disneyland with just our family.  Usually it is the whole group.  We had such an amazing time.  The weather was perfect and the lines were great.  We walked right on to Splash Mountain and Pirates.  We never waited more than 30 mins and that was only on a couple of rides.  We ate lunch at the Blue Bayou restaurant (our bill was $139 plus tip) but was so worth it.  I got the Monte Cristo- yummy.  Blake was once again- fearless.  He wanted to ride everything!  The only rides he could not ride were Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain.  We ate lots of treats...churros, popcorn, icee, frozen cherry lemonade, pineapple whip. Hayden was so funny on Star Tours--she thought we were really in outer space (seriously) she said she did not want to ride it again becuase the next time we might not really make it back).  Ahh, to be 5 again!  This was Lauren's first trip to Disneyland and I don't think that she will remember it at all but, I will!!!  She pretty much wanted to nurse the whole time.  So, believe it or not-- I walked around nursing her (gasp... I know).  I put my nursing cover around my neck and walked around like that.  Good thing my kids are still young and did not get to embarrassed by it.  What do you do?  She kept rubbing her ears and never really got a great nap so she was just a little irritated anyway!)  We had such a great day and I can't wait to go back!  
Chase's favorite ride- Space Mountain
Hayden's favorite ride- Alice in Wonderland
Blake's favorite ride- Pirates of the Caribbean

*****On our way to Disneyland we were caught up in traffic for a little bit and it was due to an accident.  As we passed it it looked like a convertible but really it was a regular BMW that had the top removed (from the accident).  Inside we could see a man slumped over and no one was working on him.  (We figured he was dead).  What a horrible thing to see on our way to Disneyland.  So we talked to the kids a little bit about death.  Well, Hayden says to us.... if I die I will tell Jesus that he needs to send me back to my parents, Brian and Stacey-- then she says but, first I will play with him for a few days because it's been such a long time since I have played with him.  So, I will play with him for a few days and then tell him to send me back to you--- Brian and Stacey Fairrington.  I thought that this was so cute.  I love that she is not afraid of death or what happens to her after she dies.  ( I have always said that I am not afraid of death but, I am deathly afraid of how I am going to die).    I also love her interpretation of being resurrected.  (That you can just come back right after you die and pick up from where you left off).  ---*The next day we saw on the news that the driver was drunk.