
Tues., May 20th--- I was making dinner and Blake climbed on to the island counter. I turned around to check on dinner and then turned back around to him just as he was falling to the floor. He fell straight back off the island counter and the first thing that hit the floor was his head. I started screaming hysterically (for any of you that know me you know that I do not handle these kinds of things well). I was not calm, cool and collected. I can't and did not show a brave face. I pick up Blake and I am crying -- out of control, screaming call 911. Well, Blake stops crying and he is saying... I am ok. I think it is pretty sad when your 3 year old (the one who got hurt) is the calm one. I think he thought that I must have gotten hurt as well and that I must have been hurt worse than him. So, Brian comes running in as well as Chase and Hayden. Luckily, Brian is the voice of reason and he looks Blake over and then goes to the trusty home doctor... Google. He prints out all these things about what we need to look for and that even if we went to the doctor there was nothing they could do -- just watch him for the next 36 hours. 36 HOURS??? So, for the next 36 hours I have to be worried that my sweet little boy is going to die? (Like I said I don't handle these things well). Anyways, it is now 5 days later and he is fine-- not even a goose-egg! Still, when I replay that in my mind I still feel like I want to throw up!