"Families are as diverse as individuals. The activities they do together vary, but one thing is true for all of them: "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time." Whether family members get together for scheduled outings, sharing interests, or serving others, these gatherings strengthen relationships that can be eternal."
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Saturday, December 20, 2008

We LOVE Full House!


Ok, maybe I am dating myself a bit but, I use to watch Full House all the time.  Not in reruns-- in Primetime!  I loved this show- it was one of my favorites!  I always use to think (and still do) that my sister and I were DJ and Stephanie.  I had darker hair, a little pudgy (at times- with weight ups and downs), big bangs, fabulous clothes and larger than life earrings- just like DJ.  My sister was blonde, cute, thin, dancer, looked up to her bigger sister wishing she had the fabulous clothes and larger than life earrings that DJ had--- just like Stephanie.  The resemblances did not go beyond the fantasy of the show-- my sister is not a recovering meth addict and my older brother is not Kirk Cameron (however I did have a big crush on him for some time-- after my crush on Ricky Schroeder-- I mean Rick).  However, I did just read a magazine where DJ (Candice Cameron) just lost 22 lbs- and she looks Fabulous!!  Definitely motivation for my New Years Resolution!  Anyway, Full House has been in reruns and my kids watch it and love it!  Very surreal and funny to think that I use to watch this show and now it is one of Hayden's favorites (along with John and Kate Plus 8)-- what happened to cartoons?  Oh well, now we can talk about our favorite episodes together like the one where DJ is breaking up with her boyfriend when they decided they are just "best friends."  Or the episode where Mr. Bear gets lost and Stephanie is so upset.  Such good memories, good TV (always a message and a sweet song at the end).  As my friends would say.... "Good times!"... then and now.